This time last year, snow was still on the ground and I was lucky enough to visit New York with university for my third visit. As I had been before, this trip was spent wandering and exploring new areas, including Soho and Chelsea. Here are some of my favourite holiday snaps, including the classic tourist spots. New York will always be one of those places I could visit over and over again. Now if only I could have the exact apartment Dakota Johnson has in How to be Single…!
My favourite places/tips:
- Iris Cafe – Store #9 in Brooklyn – the best breakfast, and we discovered a drawer under the table with cute little inspirational notes!
- Go to the top of the Rockefeller at sunset – it’s the best view. Also, we went ice skating at about 8/9pm and had the rink to ourselves!
- The 9/11 Memorial museum was free to enter after 5.30pm.
- Save lots of time for Chelsea Market – we were in there for hours but I still need to go back for more!
- We stayed in the Row NYC Hotel on 8th Ave; it was great value for money, round the corner from Times Square and we had the amazing view from our balcony (above)!